The core values of Central Consolidated, Inc. are respect, integrity, safety, care for assets (employees and clients), improvement and teamwork. We deliver quality and value to our commercial and industrial customers by providing a broad range of mechanical and fire protection services utilizing our experienced staff, engineering capabilities, and design build innovations. Our primary corporate objective is to respond to the needs of our clients as well as the impact of economic and industry trends by staying at the leading edge of technology. One of Central’s greatest achievements is the longevity and loyalty of our workforce. We pride ourselves on taking care of people, our customers, our employees and our community. Together We’re Smarter!
We are currently seeking a BIM Manager to join our Wichita, KS team!
- Create coordinated BIM models for HVAC piping, plumbing, and sheet metal systems and make changes to models as necessary using Autodesk Revit.
- Collaborate with other project personnel regarding issues and potential solutions related to BIM execution by attending clash detection meetings; effectively communicating with construction managers and field crews regarding projects; ensuring any changes in procedure and standards are effectively communicated to project teams; safely operate vehicle to attend onsite meetings as required.
- Conduct BIM clash detection process when a project requires.
- Review contract drawings/specifications and submittals.
- Produce drawings for fabrication and installation of duct and piping systems; generate spool drawings for piping fabrication; create fabrication drawings for custom sheet metal parts.
- Coordinate models across disciplines using Navisworks software when necessary.
- Utilize and provide support for robotic total station (RTS) on jobsites to place points for hangers, sleeves and openings.
- Recruit, train, supervise, and evaluate department staff.
- Installation and support of related BIM software.
- Responsible for BIM standards development, implementation, and enforcement.
- Participate in company strategic plan.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of building construction, general construction and HVAC and plumbing systems installation.
- Skill in attention to detail; use or operation of Autodesk Revit, Autodesk AutoCAD, Navisworks Manage*, and Microsoft Office; use or operation of Robotic Total Station*.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions in written, oral, picture, or schedule form; identify existing or potential problem areas and formulate corrective measures; adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events; apply concepts of geometry and/or trigonometry; create BIM models; communicate effectively; understand contract drawings/specifications and submittals; organize; cooperate with others on projects; travel to and gain access to work site; safeguard information of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Minimum Years of Experience Required: 3 years mechanical and plumbing systems experience.
- Minimum Years of Education Required: 2-year associates or technical degree.
- Knowledge of clash detection and Autodesk Revit certification preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands and arms to examine materials, equipment and jobsite surveys.
- The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, climb ladders, ride in and operate a scissor or boom lift.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
**Resumes for this position should be sent to JSamia@CentralConsolidated.net and include “BIM Manager” in the subject.**