Estimator: Industrial water piping layout and fire sprinkler layout
The core values of Central Consolidated, Inc. are respect, integrity, safety, care for assets (employees and clients), improvement and teamwork. We deliver quality and value to our commercial and industrial customers by providing a broad range of mechanical and fire protection services utilizing our experienced staff, engineering capabilities, and design build innovations. Our primary corporate objective is to respond to the needs of our clients as well as the impact of economic and industry trends by staying at the leading edge of technology. One of Central’s greatest achievements is the longevity and loyalty of our workforce. We pride ourselves on taking care of people, our customers, our employees and our community. Together We’re Smarter!
We are currently seeking a person who owns a good balance of layout, installation, estimating and/or design experience in the industrial piping layout including the fire sprinkler industry to join our team!
Piping experience will be very advantageous for this position.
The right candidate will have experience in industrial piping and fire sprinkler system layout with the ability to analyze and evaluate all aspects of potential projects; to set pricing ensuring Central Consolidated remains competitive and profitable. This person is motivated and looking to grow the business while managing quality and consistency of products and service delivery in accordance to Central Consolidated standards providing the customer with an exceptional experience.
- Aid in the success of project procurement by preparing estimates for review by the fire team.
- The applicate must be able to layout code compliant systems and create a competitive quote.
- Review and understand all perinate bidding documents and specifications.
- Possess a strong knowledge of National Fire Protection Association codes.
- Estimate design build projects, plan and spec projects along with conceptual budgets.
- Provide oversight on multiple project-estimates concurrently with ability to multitask.
- Facilitate effective communication and efficient manpower deployment within the estimating group in support of the company’s and project manager’s estimating efforts.
- Maintain and update master bid list.
- Track proposals and follow up with clients to determine price competitiveness.
- Participate in the search and selection of project opportunities.
- Develop and maintain subcontractor and vendor relationships.
- Coordinate and conduct preconstruction review meetings.
- Analyze past performance of estimates compared to completed work and develop processes for better estimates.
- Significant industry experience required.
- Computer knowledge/experience required.
- Demonstrate understanding of construction documents.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Maintain a professional appearance and provide a positive company image to the public.
- Must have good reading, writing, and arithmetic skills with strong attention to detail.
- Work requires travel to client offices and project jobsites.
- You must possess a valid driver’s license.
- You must possess reliable transportation for your daily commute to the office.
- Able to work independently or with others in a professional manner.
- Well-rounded knowledge of computers.
- Health, Rx, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Incentive Bonus
- Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Sick Leave
- Car Allowance, if applicable.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands and arms to examine materials, equipment and jobsite surveys. The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, climb ladders, ride in and operate a scissor or boom lift. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus. The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures.
**Resumes for this position should be sent to RStephens@CentralConsolidated.net and include “Estimator Resume” in the subject.**
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.