The core values of Central Consolidated, Inc. are respect, integrity, safety, care for assets (employees and clients), improvement and teamwork. We deliver quality and value to our commercial and industrial customers by providing a broad range of mechanical and fire protection services utilizing our experienced staff, engineering capabilities, and design build innovations. Our primary corporate objective is to respond to the needs of our clients as well as the impact of economic and industry trends by staying at the leading edge of technology. One of Central’s greatest achievements is the longevity and loyalty of our workforce. We pride ourselves on taking care of people, our customers, our employees and our community. Together We’re Smarter!
We are currently seeking a Safety Manager to join our Wichita, KS team!
- Advise on provisions to minimize safety risks
- Direct accident investigation process and manage worker’s compensation claims
- Enforce internal, client, and OSHA safety requirements
- Develop internal safety policies in collaboration with leadership team
- Keep records of safety-related incidents and propose corrective actions
- Manage all COVID-19 related quarantines, exposures, positive cases, and return to work timelines
- Collaborate with managers to monitor compliance and identify safety issues
- Analyze contract documents to determine client safety requirements and ensure compliance
- Provide estimating team with estimates on meeting client safety requirements, as needed
- Intervene in unsafe activities or operations
- Work in collaboration with risk management insurance team to minimize safety-related exposures
- Manage safety huddle program, including content selection, scheduling, and completion
- Lead new hire onboarding, including safety orientation, pre-employment physical, and drug & alcohol screening
- Facilitate badging requests and completion of required training for client facilities
- Perform preconstruction job hazard analysis and ensure safety plan is followed
- Audit worksites, including both production shops and construction jobsites
- Manage safety training program and work in collaboration with local unions to track training records
- Keep up to date on relevant regulatory changes and recommend necessary program changes to leadership team
- Ensure compliance on contractor management platforms for client facilities
- High School Diploma or equivalent; preferably Bachelor of Science in field
- OSHA 30 minimum
- 2 years experience
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands and arms to examine materials, equipment and jobsite surveys.
- The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, climb ladders, ride in and operate a scissor or boom lift.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
**Resumes for this position should be sent to TMurphy@CentralConsolidated.net and include “Safety Manager Resume” in the subject.