The core values of Central Consolidated, Inc. are respect, integrity, safety, care for assets (employees and clients), improvement and teamwork. We deliver quality and value to our commercial and industrial customers by providing a broad range of mechanical and fire protection services utilizing our experienced staff, engineering capabilities, and design build innovations. Our primary corporate objective is to respond to the needs of our clients as well as the impact of economic and industry trends by staying at the leading edge of technology. One of Central’s greatest achievements is the longevity and loyalty of our workforce. We pride ourselves on taking care of people, our customers, our employees and our community. Together We’re Smarter!
We are currently seeking a BIM Coordinator to join our Wichita, KS team!
- Coordinate drawings and models from various trades and use BIM software to identify and resolve construction conflicts and clashes
- Create drawings that increase field productivity
- Read and evaluate project drawings
- Utilize construction expertise to analyze plans and identify potential issues
- Build and maintain 3D models for mechanical systems
- Conduct visual walkthroughs via the project model
- Manage and update BIM project documents
- Create layout drawings and Total Station point files
- Operate Total Station in the field when needed
- Read and use project specifications and submittals
- Interact with shop and foremen to provide clear and legible deliverable drawings and digital models
- Create spool drawings from fabrication level models to increase field productivity
- Prepare final design documents for owner, local authority and construction review
- Uses computer-assisted drafting and design equipment and software – Revit, AutoCAD MEP
- Minimum Years of Education Required: 2-year associates or technical degree
- 3+ years of experience in BIM profession preferred
- Mechanical and plumbing systems experience preferred
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk and use hands and arms to examine materials, equipment and jobsite surveys.
- The employee is occasionally required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, climb stairs, climb ladders, ride in and operate a scissor or boom lift.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme temperatures.
Disclaimer: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned.
**Resumes for this position should be sent to JSamia@CentralConsolidated.net and include “BIM Coordinator” in the subject.